1753787 Members
7411 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 5500G-EI - cannot set web package

gregb_1
Occasional Contributor

5500G-EI - cannot set web package

I'm upgrading a 3-unit stack of 5500G-EIs and cannot set up the web package as main. All 3 units have the same .web file:

5       -rw-    981062  Jan 16 2010 10:09:21   s4i06_04.web

This is the file that came in the 3.3.2p05 code I'm running:

Switch 5500G-EI Software Version 3Com OS V3.03.02s168p05

And the output of display web package:

The current using web package is: flash:/s4i06_04.web

The main web package is: unit1>flash:/s4i05_00.web

The backup web package is: unit1>flash:/

When I issue the command to update:

<5500G-EI>boot web-package unit1>flash:/s4i06_04.web main

The file unit2>flash:/unit1>flash:/s4i06_04.web does not exist, or not same as current unit

How can I get past this to update the code? I've wiped out all web files on the unit and repeated the tftp transfer and recopied to each unit in the stack with no difference.

Thanks,

Greg

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi Greg.

Note that when you issue the command, the switch shows you that the UNIT2 does not have the file:

<5500G-EI>boot web-package unit1>flash:/s4i06_04.web main

The file unit2>flash:/unit1>flash:/s4i06_04.web does not exist, or not same as current unit

This means that probably you are connected to a different unit than the one you need to issue the boot command. When you connect to the switch through telnet or SSH, the stack accepts the session in a random choose, so if you are connected to the unit 1, and is trying to issue the command in the unit 1, probably you had uploaded the file to the unit 2 also, and not to the unit 1. Issue the following commands:

dis xrn = This command tells you which unit you are connected with an asterisk.

dir /fabric = This command shows you all the units file system. Compare each unit file system and proceed the update in order to leave the units with exactly the same system files and versions.

HTH.

Regards,
Fred Mancen
gregb_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Fred,

I had been following the 3com guide to this, namely upload the .web file via tftp and then copy it to all units in the stack. When I did a dir unit1>flash: (etc) for all units in the stack, all the file names and sizes matched for the .web file.

I ended up issuing the command "boot web-package s4i06_04.web main" instead of "boot web-package unit1>flash:/s4i06_04.web main"

Issuing "display web package" now shows the unit running the correct .web file.

Thanks!

Greg

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Good to hear from you that the issue is solved.

Regards.

Regards,
Fred Mancen
rdrigueztavo
Occasional Visitor

how i change of unit?