6024 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New 5800 Switches and IRF

Gaurav_Madan
Occasional Contributor

5800AF-48G and switch stacking

Scenario

I have 5800AF-48G up and running fine in my network . But I am almost done with using all 48 ports of type 1G . Hence I am looking to do switch stacking . Can you please let me know :

1)       There are following 10G ports in my switch  XGE1/0/49    to XGE 1/0/54      which are unsused . For stacking I have to use one of these 6 ports only ? or is there a separate stack port (like in cisco 37xx etc )

2)      Please tell me the stack cable options (with part number) so that customer can take a decision based on prices as well . I hope this will include stack cable as well as respective sfp/xfp that will go in the port mentioned . For me the switches will be co-located in same rack .. and very near to each other

3)      If possible,can someone point to HP specific stacking preso (which can include config / do's and dont's )

I am pretty much familiar with Cisco stacking fundamentals .. But looking for something which is more HP specific to IRF

Thanks

Gaurav Madan

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: New 5800 Switches and IRF

You should really create a new post regarding your specific requests and not using a closed (solved) old one.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: 5800AF-48G and switch stacking

1. HPE_5800AF-48G_IRF_port_binding_restrictions.pngSee above (that information is part of HPE 5820X & 5800 Switch Series IRF Configuration Guide).
  2. Read the IRF Configuration Guide linked above (SFP+ ports are needed as physical IRF ports to be binded to logical IRF port for your exact model).
  3. Read the IRF Configuration Guide linked above (some IRF related HPE Community posts and HPE Advisories can be of help, also look at your product support page).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner