4420 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 7750 fully redundant

rambo888888
Occasional Advisor

7750 fully redundant

Hi everyone. i'm newbie here.

okie. i have two unit of 3com 7750 (core switch) which will be connected to Cisco 2950 switch. i want to utilize the 7750 to support fully redundancy. all the access switch will have two uplinks which connected to Core Switch 1 and another to Core Switch 2.

1.what should i configure on both 7750 to support fully redundancy?

2.how to avoid routing loops?

Hopefully i can get reply from u soon guys.

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
rambo888888
Occasional Advisor

Hi everyone. i'm newbie here.

okie. i have two unit of 3com 7750 (core switch) which will be connected to Cisco 2950 switch. i want to utilize the 7750 to support fully redundancy. all the access switch will have two uplinks which connected to Core Switch 1 and another to Core Switch 2.

1.what should i configure on both 7750 to support fully redundancy?

2.how to avoid routing loops?

Hopefully i can get reply from u soon guys.

thank you

rambo888888
Occasional Advisor

Hi Fred,

thanks for the vrrp script. you said that i need to enable RSTP on all switches. is it i have to enable only in the 7750(Core Switch) only?

is it just turn the rstp on, i already can avoid the loops?or i need to configure rstp on allinterface port?

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi. Yes, you need to enable RSTP on all ports which provides connections with any other switch or hub. Just with RSTP the loops are avoided. In fact, the STP default settings could avoid loops too, but RSTP is faster than STP, what decreases the convergence in failure events. You have to customize the ports with STP settings only if you want to manage the preferred and root bridges and paths at Layer 2; if not, let the RSTP decides it.

Regards

This message was edited by Fred_Mancen on 12-1-09 @ 5:35 AM
Regards,
Fred Mancen