5996 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: A5120 EI Standalone Configuration

allissonsilva
Occasional Visitor

A5120 EI Standalone Configuration

Hello,

I bought a new HP A5120 EI switch and this is my first switch with this model and I unable to put him on the network. I configure a static IP address and plug than on the network but this switch not talk with other switches.

The other models that I have E4800, E4500 and E5500 works without any specific configuration and I wish to know if there is a specific configuration for A5120 EI work.

Thanks in advance.

Allisson Silva

2 REPLIES 2
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

The A5120 is basically the same as E4800 but without the routing.. they both run ComWare5 so they should be very similar. What does your config look like?

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

allissonsilva
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for your quickly answer. Basically I want to put this new A5120 on the network and put an uplink beteween than and my distribution switch that is a E4800 that already have many E4500 connected in the same you that I trying to do with A5120.

On the unity display instead to show the numer "1" like other switches he shows "c" and I think this is the root problem since I read that this indicate that this is a candidate switch for a cluster but I don´t have a cluster in my enviroment and want that this switch work in a standalone mode.

Make sense?

Thanks in advance.

Allisson Silva