Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baseline 2928-SFP ACL: Part of ACL rules not suppo

lfvgomes
Occasional Contributor

Baseline 2928-SFP ACL: Part of ACL rules not suppo

Hello

I am new to QoS. I have a printer connected to the port 21 from a 3CRBSG2893. All I wanto to do is to permit only packets comming from the Windows server to reach the printer, dropping all other packages (later I would allow ICMP packets).  The reason is because printing directly to the printer, the users would bypass the accounting software which runs on the server. I am trying to do this using QoS thru the Web Management Platform but I cannot make it work. So I made a test:

• Created an Advanced ACL specifying IP traffic to the server (destination IP) - just to test a single line rule using PERMIT or even DENY.

• Created a Classifier with that single rule/ACL

• Created a Behaviour with Filter Enable DENY

• Created a Policy whith the Classifier and the Behavior and applied to the port which the printer is connected to.

I thought the traffic to the server (Inbound to the port where the printer is connected) would be blocked (remember I am just trying to learn how this works), but it was not. And I found this message in the log file:

Classifier-Behavior ClassDenySrv in Policy PolicyExample applied on interface GigabitEthernet1/0/21 failed. Reason: Part of ACL rules are not supported.

Port Detail:

Interface: GigabitEthernet1/0/21

Direction: Inbound

Policy: PolDenySrv

Classifier: ClassDestSrv (Failed) <<<<<

Operator: AND

Rule(s) : If-match acl 3013

Behavior: BehaviorDeny

Filter Enable: deny

Policy:

ClassDestSrv BehaviorDeny

Behavior: