Comware Based
1752790 Members
6378 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Best switch for 92channel IPTV deployment?

ronchiejames
Occasional Contributor

Best switch for 92channel IPTV deployment?

I am working on a project, it's an IPTV deployment with 13 streamer modules capable of handling 92 channels.

We tried to use 3com baseline switch all throughout the network including the IPTV head end, but it can only work up to 4 streamer modules (each module can stream 8 channels). When we tried to put the 5th module, it will pixelate and eventually hang-up.

We tried to change the IPTV head end switch with a 3com 4800G switch but same thing happened.

The IPTV streamer modules supplier suggested that we use an HP 2910AL model J9145A for the head end.As far as I'm concerned, I would like to deploy switches of the same brand. I would really appreciate to hear your advices whether it's really necessary to use HP switch for the head end. Furthermore, I'd like to verify if 3com 4800G switch is capable of handling 92 channels. If so, are there any configurations available that I need to tweak to make the system work? If not, is there any 3com branded switch capable of handling the same number of channels?

Your recommendations, suggestions and advices are highly appreciated.