1751811 Members
5539 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Bridge Aggregation A5500 - A5120 problem

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Also make sure to use latest available firmware. 2208P01 is somewhat old by now since 2221P04 being the latest.

By the way, since you use IRF - whats your IRF config on each box and is the IRF working perfectly?

AlessandroF
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,

For Vince-Whirlwind:
PC can reach other devices on its subnet on the same switch and on differents, but it can't ping the gateway and routing doesn't work.

Today I've replicated the problem and:

• On the A5500 IRF (core switch, routing):
    MAC Address of the pc is identified on the right VlanID and the port entry is the right A5120 IRF Bridge Aggregation. In the ARP table right VLanID and right port of the Bridge Aggregation.
  • On the A5120 IRF:
     MAC Address is identified on the right VlanID and the port is the GigabitEthernet where it's attached.

For Vetoll
I've not tried to use static, but on a LACP aggregation it's not mandatory to use a Dynamic?
I've checked one by one all the ports and all the BAGG and the configurations matches

I want to specify that I have other bridge aggregations connected with the A5500 IRF: a C7000 Flex-10 aggregation, an A5820 IRF switches aggregation, a Procurve 2915 aggregation and they work without problems.

So, now I will try to recreate from scratch one BAGG between one of the A5120 IRF and the A5500 IRF, if it doesn't work I will open a case in HP and I will post the solution.