1754018 Members
7616 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Changing Port type

mosswalker
Occasional Contributor

Changing Port type

Hi.. having a hard time changing port types on a HPE 5900af .. they are all listed as bridge. I am trying to change them too access. There is only the default vLan and i will run flat. I changed them with CLI for ports 49 50 51 and 52 (the tengigabit) but when i run display current-config it still shows them as bridge. Do i have to change the whole vlan at once? And if so what is the global command? I dont think it will be pleasant to change them all one by one.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Are you referring to port link-type?

If so something like this:

[HPE5900AF] port-group manual [port-group-name]
[HPE5900AF] group-member [ports-names]
[HPE5900AF] port link-type [trunk|hybrid|access]

should be enough (note last command).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
sdide
Respected Contributor

hi,

When you say "bridge" on an interface on a 5900 - I think you're talking about "port link-mode", and not "port link-type".

The 5900 can run its interface as a route interface where you would issue the command "port link-mode route". This corrosponds - if you're familiar with Cisco catalyst series of switches - to issuing "no switchport". If you want the port to be a switchport, which you want from the context of your writing, the port link-mode should be "bridge".

Then you want an access port, not a trunk. This is issued with the command "port link-type access" (note link-type as opposed to link-mode as above). This is the default setting, so you can not "see" it in the configuration.

Regards

S├╕ren Dideriksen, Network Administrator
Region Midtjylland