New Discussion ī„‚

Comware 5 Supportability

SOLVED
Go to solution
Slatts
Occasional Visitor

Comware 5 Supportability

Hi All,

I'm looking to confirm supportability/EOL status of Comware 5 to determine for how long bugfixes , security patches etc will be available.

Is there a HPE published reference with this information ?

Thanks,

Slatts 

7 REPLIES 7
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Comware 5 Supportability

Hello,

Comware 5 mostly EOL. For some device there were last release on 2017 or 2018.

HP provides ongoing support for products for 5 years after End of Sales - which tends to be updates and fixes; not significant upgrades. 

Could you please share product number of your device: JXXXXX so I will check available version?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

You can refer below link as well:

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/networking/products/eos/information.aspx#.X_eqVdgzZPY

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Slatts
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Many Thanks for your reply.

The model numbers I am interested in are:

• JG225A - HP 5800AF-48G Switch
  • JC176A - HP 6602 Router Chassis

Thanks,

Slatts

akg7
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

--JG225A - HP 5800AF-48G Switch -- The last release for this model is 5800-5820X_5.20.R1810P16 and it was in Dec, 2018.

--JC176A - HP 6602 Router Chassis -- The last release for this model is 6602_5.20.R3303P39 and it was oin Nov, 2017.

Thanks!

Slatts
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Many thanks for your response once again!

Are they the final resleases for these models or will security/bug fixes still be released ?

Thanks,

Slatts

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

There is no update with us if this is a final release.

Thanks!

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Has my post helped you to answer your query?

Thanks!