108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Comware 6.0?

MullT
Frequent Advisor

Comware 6.0?

Hi,

you all know:

"3Com offers ongoing 3Com OS software updates for certain fixed-configuration and stackable enterprise switches at no additional cost. For the limited lifetime of the product, updates within the 3Com OS software package purchased will be made available to customers."

and

"Upgrades" provide significant new functionality and are different from updates. For example, an upgrade from 3Com OS version 3 to a higher version (version 4, 5, etc.) would provide significant new functionality. Such upgrades are not offered free of cost; a separate purchase of the upgraded software would have to be made, or a valid service support contract covering software upgrades for the switch would have to be in effect at the time."

Well, obviously there are upgrades with feature enhancements available?

Having a 4800G with Comware 5.2, I am asking myself whether there is such an upgrade available? Is there a Comware 6.0 already? What features does it have? If no, will there be a Comware 6.0 upgrade for the 4800G within some months or years?

2 REPLIES 2
manuel.bitzi
Trusted Contributor

Re: Comware 6.0?

Comware 5 is the newest software-version.

Older hardware use the comware 3. Some of them are upgradeable to v5.

Your 4800 ist a newer one wich only uses v5. You will find the newest Update on the 3Com Homepage. The newest f├Г┬╝r the 4800 ist 5.20-R2202P11 (9/8/2009)

regards

Manuel

H3CSE, MASE Network Infrastructure [2011], Switzerland
MullT
Frequent Advisor

Re: Comware 6.0?

Well, nobody knows about the future. But let├В┬┤s talk about past. There is a 3com upgrade service available, obviously. Take the 5500G-EI. According to the 3com homepage it has a V3 firmware. But with that upgrade service was/is it possible to get the current V5 firmware?

How is it used to be? What can I expect in the future? There must be some sort of roadmap?