Comware Based
1752788 Members
6025 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Connected host on 5800 mac-address flapping from actual port to bridge aggregation port

JustinS82
Occasional Visitor

Connected host on 5800 mac-address flapping from actual port to bridge aggregation port

Hello All,

I have a customer with a pair of A5800-24G switches in an IRF pair going to an IRF pair of 5920 switches (acting as an aggregation point). The majority of this configuration is working wonderfully. But as I do not know my Comware as well as many of you, I am hoping you can provide some assistance. The 5800 is acting as the layer 3 gateway and is connected via a Bridge-Aggregation to the 5900s. When I connect a host to  a VLAN 100 (or any other VLAN gatewayed on the 5800)  access-port on the 5800 I experience issues when trying to communicate directly with the 5800 and consequently the rest of the network. In troubleshooting through this issue I have discovered that the MAC of my host appears to flap between its actual port g1/0/6 and the Bridge interface discussed above. I am running Spanning-Tree and I do not see status changes from an STP point of view. What I see is that the ARP is changing from G1/0/6 to Bridge-Aggregation 6 which causes a failure and then flapping back at what appear to be random intervals. I am sure this is going to end up being a face-palm event but I could use your assistance. 5800 config attached the endpoint is on g1/0/6 and the Bridge-Aggregation interface #6

Thanks!

Justin

2 REPLIES 2
johnk3r
Respected Contributor

Re: Connected host on 5800 mac-address flapping from actual port to bridge aggregation port

How is the aggregation setting in the 5920 ? Post the output of the command below:

dis link-aggregation summary
dis stp brief

I suggest you disconnect the interfaces that are part of the aggregation, configure the "link-aggregation mode dynamic" parameter in bridge-aggregation on both switches and activate the interfaces again.

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

Re: Connected host on 5800 mac-address flapping from actual port to bridge aggregation port

It might be interesting to see multiple outputs of disp link-agg summ - run it when observing the MAC on the BAGG and run it when observing the MAC on the switchport.