1748051 Members
5104 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Copying firmware from USB to HP5945 swith issue

prodigy811
Frequent Advisor

Copying firmware from USB to HP5945 swith issue

I have been trying to copy firmware from usb to new hp5945. However I am having issues. It looked like it went succesfully. I rebooted device and firmware came up etc. However, when I trid to reboot and error said "The specified boot file does not exist". Only when I put in the usb would it reboot? Can anyonel here asap!!

4 REPLIES 4
-Alex-
HPE Pro

Hello prodigy811,

Do you have the file copied on the flash of the 5945? Did you reboot it once successfully?

PS: if the device to boot is set to USB if you put it back it may load from there.

Once you boot properly you have to copy it to the flash and set boot loader from the flash with the command

"boot-loader file boot" and proper options for the flash memory.

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

As per your query,

You want to copy firmware, here the question is you want to update or upgrade to latest firmware, if yes why you not using tftp . Normally you install the tftp on your pc then its act as a tftp server then you connect your HP 5945 to pc. go to cli of swtich and update.

I Haq
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @prodigy811,

After transgetting file, have you checked if software transferred to device flash is not?
Run below command:
<hpe>dir /all-filesystems
If software is in flash then set the boot-loader as main for all slots, this will extract .ipe file and set the boot-loader for next reboot.
What is your current and targeted software?
Can you share below commands output:
<hpe>dir /all-filesystems
<hpe> display boot-loader
<hpe> display irf

Thanks!
Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
prodigy811
Frequent Advisor

Hi all,

Thanks, I got it sorted all good now. Issue was that new firmware not pust to flash but was copied via usb so when it rebooted and usb was in it took the new firmware, once I copied new boot and system bin file to flash all was good.

Tank for help