Comware Based
1748089 Members
4871 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Description of processes listed under " display processes cpu" command on 5130 switch

LucianoCarvalho
Respected Contributor

Description of processes listed under " display processes cpu" command on 5130 switch

Hello Guys.

Does anyone know where  I can find information about the processes listed under  "display processes cpu" command on 5130 switch ?

The switch is running at an average of 60% of cpu utilization, and I'd like to undertand what could be cause for this. The highet processes are those listed below.

Best regards.

63 10.0% 10.0% 10.3% [PSED]

78 17.3% 12.1% 15.7% [IUCT]

5 REPLIES 5
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Re: Description of processes listed under " display processes cpu" command on 5130 switch

Luciano,

The IUCT process is one of the IRF processes.  I'm not sure what PSED is.  I can try to find out.

Can you tell me about your 5130 IRF stack?  How many units?

Do you have any kind of monitoring software running?  If so, how often are you polling it?

Regards,

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
LucianoCarvalho
Respected Contributor

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Hmmm... that may be too frequent.  Especially with 2 platforms monitoring it.  Can you try setting the polling interval on Nagios longer to see if that helps?  SNMP runs in the CPU.    Try something like 15 minutes?  I suspect that Nagios is keeping the CPU busy.

Regards,

David

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have another question - is discussed command (disc processes) avaiable in Comware 5 (e.g. HP 7506 platform)?

Maybe hidden CLI mode is required to do this?

Michal

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

If you run the display diag you will get the list in the output.  It will be a big file though.

Regards,

David