1748171 Members
4380 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Dymanic TAGGED vlan assingment hp 5500

IanTomkins
Advisor

I have just found an old 2530 I can use, so will test with that and see how it goes.

FYI the use case is that a customer wants to be able to roll out some cloud managed APs across a campus without worrying about where they are patched, so needs to be able to deliver a specific untagged management network and a bunch of tagged VLANs for specific wifi networks based on identifying the APs by MAC address.

Regarding the support for RFC4675 the 5120 does seem to accept the relevant radius attribute, but only with a single VLAN and it doesn't work (in my testing) in combination with a standard RFC3580 response (Tunnel-Private-Group-Id).

Jannie Hanekom
Advisor

Yeah, had a similar requirement at two remote sites (main sites are all controller-based) but as mine was only for a handful of APs I was able to justify configuring those ports statically.

The symptoms you're seeing sounds similar to what I saw on the 5130, but I can't say for sure.

If you can get it working on the 2530 you may decide to raise a support incident for the 5120, but I would still start looking at alternatives in parallel.  Incredibly useful as it seems, RFC 4675 does not seem to have wide adoption.