5143 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error creating vlan interfcace

BA-Brandt
Occasional Visitor

Error creating vlan interfcace

Hi Guys,

we are using 4 HP 5700 switches as backbone switches.

I'm trying to create new vlan interfaces. We already have 55 vlan interfaces. Now I try to create vlan interface number 56 and I got the error:

Can not create this interface.

Is there any restriction regarding the amount of vlan interface I can create?

best regards,

Andre

5 REPLIES 5
johnk3r
Respected Contributor

Weird...
you created the vlan (L2) before? You have any other log that you can pass on? You can create another vlan? Type VLAN-interface 100...

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
BA-Brandt
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

we create 55 vlan interface. Creating more interfaces seems to be impossible - it doesn't matter which interface we try to create (100, 200, 1000, 3000, 3521,...) we always get the same message :(

best regards,

Andre

pombeii
Frequent Advisor

Have you created a VLAN with the same number as the VLAN interface you are creating first by using the 'vlan' command? If not, you cannot create the VLAN interface. Further more, make sure the VLAN interface number you are assigning is not in use. hope that helps. pombeii
BA-Brandt
Occasional Visitor

That's not the problem - we found out, that 5700 switches only support 32 layer 3 interfaces...

Great "feature" ....

You need to use 5900 switches if you need more interfaces... thanks HP!

cynbb
Occasional Visitor

I saw that error with "interface vlanXX" when trying to edit a new vlan interface. If you create the vlan first using "vlan XX" then the "Can not create this interface goes away" when running the interface vlanXX command.

Posted in case anyone else has this issue like I did today and finds this on google ...