Comware Based
1753418 Members
4865 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error displayed in logs: POWER_INCOMPATIBLE: Power 1 incompatible.

BionicBalch
Occasional Visitor

Error displayed in logs: POWER_INCOMPATIBLE: Power 1 incompatible.

Switch:  HPE FlexFabric 5700 Switch JG898A

I get a couple errors that pop up in the CLI

"%Jan 1 00:14:26:509 2011 HPE DEV/2/POWER_INCOMPATIBLE: Power 1 incompatible.
%Jan 1 00:14:26:510 2011 HPE DEV/2/POWER_INCOMPATIBLE: Power 2 incompatible.
%Jan 1 00:14:26:510 2011 HPE DEV/1/FAN_DIRECTION_NOT_PREFERRED: Fan 1 airflow direction is not preferred on slot 1, please check it.
%Jan 1 00:14:26:511 2011 HPE DEV/1/FAN_DIRECTION_NOT_PREFERRED: Fan 2 airflow direction is not preferred on slot 1, please check it."

I've read about the Fan errors being tied to the PSU's in some ways, and I'm wondering if the PSU's I have (that were supplied to us as the valid PSU's by CDW) are the correct ones.

The PSU is model:  HPSR300-A JG900A

7 REPLIES 7
BionicBalch
Occasional Visitor

Actually, I found that the Fan issue is just a configuration change I need to make, but when I try to run the command, It is unrecognized.  Any help with that too?

"<HPE>fan prefer-direction slow 1 port-to-power
           ^
 % Unrecognized command found at '^' position."

Thanks

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Probably because the command's correct syntax should be:

fan prefer-direction slot 1 port-to-power

(you reported "slow" instead of "slot").

So try, in sequence:

<HPE>system-view
[HPE]fan prefer-direction slot 1 port-to-power [HPE]fan prefer-direction slot 2 port-to-power [HPE]display log | include Fan
[HPE]display log | include Power [HPE]display fan

Note <HPE> and [HPE] prompts.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
BionicBalch
Occasional Visitor

Well, you're right, I think I mistyped that input but even with the input as below, it wouldn't work.  I was able to mess around a bit more and eventually get it to work.  (this is my first time with this particular CLI)  Thank you for your time anyways!

I still recieve the power_incompatible error though.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Silly me! I totally forgot I posted about a similar issue before (I didn't catch that your error was related to incompatible power not related to a bad CLI command...) so read this topic (solved 2 weeks ago): same hardware (Switch and PS unit), same issue...it's hardware related.

I'm not an HPE Employee
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

The power supply incompatible message is most likely due to your having two different model PSU's in the switch.  They must be the same model.   If one of them is an after-market OEM compatibile supply that could be the issue too.

Check to make sure they are the same part number and if different, remove one and buy a replacement of the same model number as the one that you leave installed.

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Or, as was pointed out above, more probably that Internal Power Supply unit (JG900A), as per HPE FlexFabric 5700 Switch series QuickSpecs, is supported only on JG894A, JG896A, JG895A and JG897A switch models excluding the OP's one...which is exactly a JG898A.

I'm not an HPE Employee
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Parnassus,

Excellent point!  That is clearly another potential as a lot of the PSUs will plug in to switches that they are not designated for.

Regards,

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support