Comware Based
1748257 Members
3963 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Fiber module in 1100

dhborchardt

Fiber module in 1100

I am trying to put a dual fiber module (3C16971) into a superstack II 1100. I know the fiber module is good as it was working in another 1100 switch. As far as the switch I have tried two units and get the same result. Here is what happens. after I install the module and turn it on at some point during or after the POST all the lights on the front of the switch turn on solid and stay on. I cannot console to the switch when it is in this state. I can pull the module out and it will turn on fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Luckycharms
Frequent Advisor

I am not familiar wit the 1100 but this is a very old switch. It sounds like the module is not recognised , without any console output to confirm or not. The symptom indicates the switch is locking detecting the module.

Is the 1100 that had the module and the 1100 your putting the moudle in running the same code? Maybe the module has a newer chipset than the code recongnises

Regardless I would start by loading the most current code version available first see URL below. Then if problem still happens get the output form the console.

http://support.3com.com/software/superstack_ii_switch_1100.htm

dhborchardt

The unit it worked in is actually at a lower level. I put that dual back in the unit it used to work in and now it will not work there either??? Woopie. I guess I will see how much I can pick one up for.