1752342 Members
6036 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Firmware 3.3.2p05 on 5500G

psniech
Occasional Contributor

Firmware 3.3.2p05 on 5500G

I did an upgrade from version 3.2.4 to 3.3.2p05 on XRN stack consisted of 3 switches 5500G/24 port. XRN stack is a central point of LAN where access layer is served by 4400 and 4500 swithes. After an upgrade, LAN was functioning completly wrong, with bad inter vlan routing, errors on aggregated links and so on. The only solution was downgrading to the previous version.

I did a similar installation on other client's site with version 3.3.2p04 without any problems.

Have you any information or experienced such a serious errors with version 3.3.2p05.

Pawel Sniechowski

1 REPLY 1
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Re: Firmware 3.3.2p05 on 5500G

Hi Pawel.

I didn't had any problems with this version, but it's strongly recommended that you perform a double check on the file system of the switches that belongs to the stack. I had problems with a stack where one of the four switches was presenting a lot of issues like these you mentioned; when I checked the file system (dir /fabric) I figured out that just one file was different from others, with a different name (.cfg), and this file was corrupted.

I solved this problem uploading the configuration file again through TFTP Server and deleting the corrupted file; after the synchronism process finished, the stack came back to work fine.

HTH

Regards,
Fred Mancen