Did you mean: 

H3C S7510E - enable web interface

SOLVED
Go to solution
robkwild
Frequent Advisor

H3C S7510E - enable web interface

hi all,

i have read the manual but it doesnt state anywhere on how to enable web interface on the switch, just ssh/telnet/serial

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/device_help/H3C-Manuals/7500/7500-Installation-Guide(20110728).pdf - page 73

and when i do enable web interface in what port should i connect my ethernet cable to my computer ie one ethernet port on the switch module (page 13-14 no.2) or the ethernet port on the management module (page 13-14 no.1)?

many thanks,

rob

6 REPLIES
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: H3C S7510E - enable web interface

Why do you believe that that Switch series has a system management Web Graphical User Interface?

As you understand it's not properly "just a common toy" to play with...that is a datacenter (expensive: refurbished or not) gear!

The manual you linked has this clear statement: "The switch supports login through the console port, telnet, SSH and NMS"

AFAIK no integrated web server to offer a Web GUI to Administrator(s): I'm afraid...these toys use CLI (Command Line Interface) only (with accessing methods listed above)!

The nearest thing I can think of is using something like H3C iMC (Web Based) to control the switch via SNMPv2...but it's really another story.

robkwild
Frequent Advisor

thanks parnassus

but to use telnet or ssh how would i connect the ethernet cable, would i connect it to one of the switch module ports or the management ethernet port?

many thanks,

rob

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Both Telnet and SSH accessing methods require IP connectivity (at least initially to the Console RJ45 Ethernet port):

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=4177519&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c02985995

Look at page 45 "Accessing the Switch for the first time" ("Connecting your Switch to the network" Chapter) and onward pages.

robkwild
Frequent Advisor
Solution

thanks, got it working had to do it via CLI but there is a way to get the web-gui, its here -

https://adrianchatto.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/configuring-h3c-s5500-ei-switch-enable-web-interface/

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Really?

To be honest the link you provided is related to H3C S5500-EI, it's not for H3C S7500E...altough the Operating System used by those platforms shares a common base (indeed both are capable of running on Comware 5, at least)...it's quite evident they are two different platforms.

Can you share a screenshot of the H3C S7500E system management through a Web GUI?

robkwild
Frequent Advisor

but you cant do alot on the web_gui just view it as non of the ports come up ie 0/0/1 to 11/0/48 you can add vlans and vlan ip addresses and static routes so really its useless, everything i want to do i just use putty to telnet into the switchweb_gui.PNG