108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 5900AF-48G

SOLVED
Go to solution
mosswalker
Occasional Contributor

HP 5900AF-48G

Hi all. Have question that i cannot find an answer for. I bought the HP 5900AF-48G-4XG-2QSFP+ for an internet cafe that has 41 machines. We are going full virtualized so the v1910 was not going to cut it. Anyway. I have read reams of information on NIC setup and iSCSI because i didnt beleive the software vendors instructions on NIC settings. Turns out they were right (i am an idiot i know) ... So my question is, if the NIC of the server and the NIC settings in the initiators are all set no flow control/jumbo frames/hand offs/green settings. Do i need to disable all that in the switch? Or do i just let the switch do its thing from default settings?

Thanks for your time.
Michael

2 REPLIES 2
TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor
Solution

By default jumbo frames are enabled and flow control disabled on our 5900 switches. If you want to change those settings you'll have to do it per-port. And the settings should match the settings on your server and iSCSI NICs.

mosswalker
Occasional Contributor

Alright. Thank you for the reply. My neighbour is telling me to not worry about jumbo frames in the switch since if none are sent nothing is happening anyway. Only other concern is storm suppresion. I am reading that some switchs see iSCSI as a storm. I am going to go out on a limb and say the 5900 is not that dumb?