1748219 Members
4685 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP5800-24G Upgrade Comware 5 to Comware 7

sMk1
Occasional Visitor

HP5800-24G Upgrade Comware 5 to Comware 7

Good Evening, i am trying to update my 5800 switch from Comware 5 to Comware 7 and i am currently stuck and don't know how I should proceed.

The switch is currently running 520-R1810P01 and i want to upgrade it to Comware R7006P15 . I downloaded the Image and copied it with a USB Stick to the Switch.

I tried to set the boot-loader to Flash:/A5800_5820X-CMW710-R7006P15.ipe but i am always getting an error that it is an invalid file.

What is the reason for that?

Forcing the switch to boot from the IPE Image through the BootROM resulted in a whole lot of stack traces....

I appreciate the input as i am currently lost. Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Re: HP5800-24G Upgrade Comware 5 to Comware 7

SMK1,

I'm not sure how you got that particular release of the software as we have not released it yet.  Migrating from Comware 5 to Comware 7 is a major shift for the switch and there are major changes to the filesystem that are done. 

Detailed information on this upgrade can be found in the HP 5800&5820X Comware V5-V7 Migration Guide.  R7006P15 requires a new BootRom file and you need to contact HPE Support about that.  You will most likely not be able to get that until the software is officially released.

Regards,

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
sMk1
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

thank you very much for your assistance. i received the image from a HP representative. Could you point me a link to the migration guide? 

Wasn't able to find it.

Thanks

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

Hi All

@sMk1, I would like ask by the way, what you expect after upgrade to CMW7 for this platform ? Do you need Openflow enabled?

Br,

Michal

sMk1
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

in need to test various IPv6-related security features as i  am currently in a rollout project and want to have consistent configuration templates (e.g. some features behave/configure differently in Comware 5 and 7, and we have a couple of 5130 with Comware 7 already running).

Thanks

ciaran01
Occasional Advisor

I would contact you HPE reprentative who gave you Comware 7 for the 5800 as its a best its a Beta code, maybe even Alpha.  This is also the reason why there is no link to migration guide.