4456 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE 1620 - telnet configure ports

daniel_mcr
Occasional Visitor

HPE 1620 - telnet configure ports

Hi all,

I have a HP 1620 switch at home, which I'm trying to configure via telnet (I do have access via the web interface). At work I am used to logging in via telnet (different model) and then typing system-view to then configure ports accordingly etc.

I login as admin, however system-view is unrecognised and typing question mark only seems to give a limited number of commands, how do I change to a view where I can:

1/ Configure a trunk port

2/ Configure an access port

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HPE 1620 - telnet configure ports

AFAIK the HPE OfficeConnect 1620 Switch series is engineered to be managed through Web Based Management and not via CLI (SSH/Telnet) apart from few commands needed for setting things up initially (if default need to be changed).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
daniel_mcr
Occasional Visitor

Hi Parnassus,

Thank you for your prompt response on a weekend, appreciated.

Thanks for clarifying, I've downloaded the manual and will take a look how to accomplish the changes I require.

Cheers

Daniel

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Yes, if you need to configure a port PVID, port's vlan mode (access mode or trunk mode) and other VLAN related items...then "Configuring VLANs" is the right Chapter to start with! See here.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
asdru1516

Sorry

I get this error when placing an ip when assigning to a VLAN (The numer of VLAN interfaces exceeded the maximum) switch 1620 48g JG914A