3840 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE 5120 (JE074B) cannot set boot rom password

Xavier_M
Visitor

HPE 5120 (JE074B) cannot set boot rom password

Hello,

I need to limit the access to the Boot Rom (CTRL-B during boot) for this Switch. The prefered way would be to have a password. In the documentation I can see :

"You can also set a Boot ROM password the first time you access the Boot menu to protect the Boot ROM." => I performed a factory reset accessed the boot rom menu after the reboot but I cannot find a way to set this password.

In the documentation I can also see that there is a command to remove the boot rom menu completely but :

"undo startup bootrom-access enable" => The undo startup bootrom-access  does not exist (as view or system user).

Is there a way to set this password or restrict the access to this menu ?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Which software version (R15nnPmm or R15nn without Patch nn) your switch is currently running on? just to figure out basic details.

Update...you have an SI series...not an EI series...so I strongly suspect that that undo startup bootrom-access enable command (startup bootrom-access is enabled by default) is available only on EI series (as example on: HPE FlexNetwork 5120 EI or 5500 EI just to name a few) or, eventually, on some other specific SI series only (HPE 5500 SI <-that needs to be verified), simply not on HPE FlexNetwork 5120 SI.

Are you follwoing HPE FlexNetwork 5120 SI documentation or what?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Xavier_M
Visitor

HPE Comware Platform Software
Comware Software, Version 5.20, Release 1519P01

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Not the very latest but it doesn't really matter, re-read above.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Xavier_M
Visitor

My bad you are right.....

Ok and then when I read the right documentation it seems there is no way to restrict access to this menu :(