how to solve this issue? 

Software version 7.1.070

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Hi CPU HPE 5130 48G

Hello,

There are some reasons for high CPU like if any process running, old software version etc.

Can you confirm if terminal monitor is off or run below command and check cpu again:

<hpe> undo t m

Also share software version, shared Software version 7.1.070 shows comware 7 but not exact release.
<hpe> display version
Also what is device product number 'JXXXXX'.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Hi @Pluang !

The bDPC diagnostic process is supposed to run in the background. If 5130 is running for a long time, the reason for this CPU utilization can be:

1. Parity error/-s occured in kernel due to the SoC hardware issue.
2. Software defect

My suggestion:
1. Take 'display diag' output from the switch and save it somewhere, you may need it in the future.
2. Upgrade the switch to the latest version and reboot. If it's an IRF stack, upgrade and reboot the whole stack.
3a. If bDPC utilization will raise again, generate another 'display diag', open a case with HPE Support, explain them the issue and provide BOTH 'display diag' outputs. If it's issue with parity, the switch should be replaced.
3b. If bDPC process utilization stays low, it was a software bug, no need for further actions.

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Pluang
Occasional Contributor

Thank a lot akgy for your good suggestion

product number: JG937A-3208, HPE 5130-48G-PoE+-4SPF+

Thank you 

Pluang

Pluang
Occasional Contributor