HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Comware Based
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopefully a Simple Question on the Baseline 2920

monk_1
Occasional Visitor

Hopefully a Simple Question on the Baseline 2920

Am using the CLI via a terminal session to set the Virtual IP of a Basline 2920 switch which works fine and using the "Summary" command shows me this has worked, however on reboot the config is reset. I wish to save that config once the IP is set via the CLI and not the Web Interface .. I cant seem find the command to write the changes .. Any ideas ?

Thanks

This message was edited by monk on 2-16-10 @ 8:39 AM
4 REPLIES
marcos
Advisor

Re: Hopefully a Simple Question on the Baseline 2920

How are you doing the reboot? By un- and replugging the switch? If you do it with the "reboot" command, it will (or should at least) ask you whether you want to save the config.

monk_1
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I thoughtn the same would happen, but when I use the "reboot" command, I get told "This command will reboot the device. Current configuration will be lost in next startup if you continue. Continue? :"

Thats it .. no choice to save.

Regards

marcos
Advisor

You're right, sorry, same story here. After having set the IP, netmask etc and (very important!) the admin password, I remember I had to log into the web interface and save the config from there. But since one has to access the web interface anyway sooner or later, I had not too much of a problem with that. However it's annoying not being able to save the config over the CLI, at least I did not find out how either.

monk_1
Occasional Visitor

Yep.. Its a bit annoying seeing as I want to preconfigure the IP to go into a hosted environment .. and I didnt want to have to change the IP's on my maching to do this. Of course, in the time it took me to find the forums sign up and ask the question.. I could have done this already :) But thats not the point.. I am surprised that this doesnt seem to be an option from the CLI !!

Oh Well.

Thanks for trying it out on your end :)

Regards