1752726 Members
5740 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to Reset HP A5500 series Switch JD377A

Cts007
Occasional Visitor

How to Reset HP A5500 series Switch JD377A

Hello, I have a hp series A5500 (JD377A) switch.  I would like to know how to revert the configuration to its factory defaults so it can be reconfigured from a fresh image.  It has Comware Software Version 5.20, Release 2208.

5 REPLIES 5
PrasadaRaoBoddu
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

This is prasad.

for resetting 5500 switch-

1. go to user level mode

2. reload with factory default settings

then it will be reset

Cts007
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Sorry how do I go to user level mode? Via boot menu? Didn't find any options.

Thanks for help in advance.

Kind Regards,
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Hi!

Can you log into the switch?  If so and you are at the <HP> or similar prompt, type reset saved-configuration.  Then reboot the switch.  But be careful.  It will prompt you to save the current configuration or you will lose it.  That is the idea and say NO to saving the config.  When you reboot, the configuration will be at the defaults and you can start again.

If there is anything that you might want to save, I would copy the saved configuration to another file in flash so that you could refer to it later.

Regards,

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
Cts007
Occasional Visitor

Excellent. Your instructions was spot on. It worked.

I have another same type of A5500 switch, I have tried to do the same - reset to factory setting earlier (without your advice), but I did something wrong. I can't log into the switch anymore. It only goes to the Boot menu, I have the options 1-9 and 0. I have tried "Skip current configuration file", but no luck getting into the logon mode. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Its_life_Jim
Occasional Visitor

after skipping current configuration, it should go back to the boot menu where you then select reboot device.

it then should take you to the basic prompt where you can do the reset config command then reboot again.

If that doesn't work then maybe consider updating or redoing your firmware