Comware Based
1753460 Members
5094 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

How to backup HP5130 configuration using snmp commands ( as it can be done with Cisco devices)

jmarti-gemalto
Occasional Contributor

How to backup HP5130 configuration using snmp commands ( as it can be done with Cisco devices)

Hello Everybody,

I've try to find if ther was a post allready opened for this kind of request, but I cannot find it?

Is it possible to generate automatic backup of HP 5130 configurations to a tftp server using snmp command, which used the snmp write community ?

For cisco device we can have these commands.  look at this link:

http://www.ciscozine.com/how-to-save-configurations-using-snmp/

have you the same thing for HP switch devices ?

VBest regards.

JL MARTI

1 REPLY 1
sdide
Respected Contributor

Re: How to backup HP5130 configuration using snmp commands ( as it can be done with Cisco devices)

Hi,

you might want to look into:

hh3c-config-man.mib

as an example

snmpset -v2c -c<write-community> <ip-address-of-switch>  HH3C-CONFIG-MAN-MIB::hh3cCfgOperateType.5 i 3 HH3C-CONFIG-MAN-MIB::hh3cCfgOperateProtocol.5 i 2 HH3C-CONFIG-MAN-MIB::hh3cCfgOperateFileName.5 s 5130snmp2017.cfg HH3C-CONFIG-MAN-MIB::hh3cCfgOperateServerAddress.5 a <ip-address-of-tftp-server> HH3C-CONFIG-MAN-MIB::hh3cCfgOperateRowStatus.5 i 4

will write current-configuration of the switch using tftp onto the tftp-server naming the file "5130snmp2017.cfg"

Where the recurring "5" in for example HH3C-CONFIG-MAN-MIB::hh3cCfgOperateType.5 is just a "session-id".

HH3C-CONFIG-MAN-MIB::hh3cCfgOperateProtocol.5 is set to "2" which is "tftp".

All the info is in the MIB, and its sort-a selfexplaining... sort of.

Regards.

Søren Dideriksen, Network Administrator
Region Midtjylland