Comware Based
1751954 Members
4765 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to create an IPTV stream configuration for 7500 series Modular Switch Series?

C├╝neyt
Occasional Contributor

How to create an IPTV stream configuration for 7500 series Modular Switch Series?

Hello Folks,

We have a customer who uses a 8212 zl2 Modular Switch. They also use IPTV in the company. While this switch is EOL, we have sold them a FF 7506 Modular Switch. When we try to stream the IPTV broadcast via the 7506, the stream gets cut. We have IGMP enabled but it seems that it doesn't work. We got stuck and seek for help. The interesting thing is that the same broadcast is working on 8212. We have checked everything but couldn't find any clue. Could someone help or provide us a configuration example for IPTV?

Kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: How to create an IPTV stream configuration for 7500 series Modular Switch Series?

Could you share the HPE FlexNetwork 7506 Switch Chassis configuration related to IGMP?

Are 802.1X and MAC authentication eventually enabled?

Which software version is the Switch currently running on?

Have you followed IGMP and IGMP Snooping configuration examples on HP 7500 Switch Series Configuration Examples?

A side note:

No HP 8212 zl2 exists. The zl2 is a typo: only the HP ProCurve 8212 zl Switch Series Chassis exists, it uses v1 zl Modules or v2 zl Modules (it doens't support, and it isn't supported by, any v3 zl2 Modules those compatible only with Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series)...that's to say that naming zl2 with HP ProCurve 8212 is improper.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
C├╝neyt
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to create an IPTV stream configuration for 7500 series Modular Switch Series?

Hello Parnassus,

First, it's a bad habbit of mine to use zl2. :=) that's because I have used the 5400R zl2 series in too many projects that it get stuck on me and while v2 modules can be used on 5400R zl2 and 8200 series, I just automatically type zl2. :=)

according to our questions, 802.1x and MAC Auth. is not enabled. A sample config is as below. I've talked to our tech guys and they said that IPTV company has some issues with the antennas. I will let you know after this issue has been solved. 

igmp-snooping

vlan 6

igmp-snooping enable

igmp-snooping querier

innterface vlan-interface6

ip address 10.34.130.1 255.255.255.0

igmp enable