5434 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IOS bpdufilter disable to HP Comware

Maxi_mus
Occasional Visitor

IOS bpdufilter disable to HP Comware

Hi.

We are transfering some especial appliances Panda GateDefender from a Cisco network to HP Comware network. Those appliances have 2 network interfaces but they work like a trasparent AV unit between 2 different vlans. In Cisco the config that is working is one interface with bpdu filter disable and bpduguard disable and the other interface with no special configuration. We have tried to migrate it but it does not work. Can someone tell me the comware commands that we have to configure on the interface to catch something similar to the Cisco ocnfig? I have tried to undo stp bpduprotection and put the interface in edge but it does not work. Also i tried to disable stp in one interface but we got the same.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

"stp disable" will just not let the particular interface to participate in the STP however the bpdu's (STP frames) will still be forwarded (if I remember it correctly).

You could try using "bpdu-drop any" to completely filter and drop any STP frames who enters a specific interface.

Also note that above is for comware v5, the syntax might be slightly different if you use a comware v7 device.

Maxi_mus
Occasional Visitor

Hi Apachez.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that in Cisco actually they have those commands "spanning-tree bpdufilter disable" and "spanning-tree bpduguard disable" on one of the 2 interfaces of the Panda GateDefender so i suppose that they need to pass the bpdu packets. So, to replicate those config in my HP, with "stp disable" in the port should be enough?

Regards