Comware Based
1748280 Members
3805 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is there anyway to select a range of ports with the 5830 / 5810 series switches?

SOLVED
Go to solution
GrahamB154
Occasional Advisor

Is there anyway to select a range of ports with the 5830 / 5810 series switches?

I've been working with a few HP5830 / 5810 switches over the past couple of weeks, and I still have no idea how to select multiple ports at once. We have a design that requires ranges of ports to be assigned to different VLANs and this design is not finalised and therefore I have had to change the port specifications numerous times to support the server team. 

Is there a way to select a range of ports on the 5800 series?

Thanks for any help

Graham

6 REPLIES 6
IanV
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: Is there anyway to select a range of ports with the 5830 / 5810 series switches?

something like:
port-group manual grp1
group-member <interface-list>
command
command
etc
Everyday's a school day. Go to bed smarter than when you woke.
nreyes
Visitor

sure, try with "port-group" and "group-memenber g/e 1/0/1 to g/e 1/0/24

GrahamB154
Occasional Advisor

Cheers guys, this has been driving me and my team up the wall! 

Graham

paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Be aware that port-group doesn't actually exist as an entity in the switch configuration (at least it didn't on the Comware versions i've tried), even though it appears that way when you set it up.  It's just a way to select a group of ports all at once, similar to "interface range" on Cisco gear.

Regards,
Paul
GrahamB154
Occasional Advisor

I believe that was my main problem, I'm so used to using the interface range commands with Cisco equipment it was really bugging me that there didn't seem to be an HP equivalent. 

Thanks again,

Graham

Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Just to let you know that all recent firmware images of the a-series have the "interface range" command included now.

1/ You can either do ad-hoc configuration

int range g1/0/1 to g1/0/3 g1/0/6 g1/0/8

xxx

2/ or create a range object which can be saved in the configuration file

int range name UPLINK int g1/0/23 g1/0/24

xxx

# review the range in the current config

display current | i range

# to use the range later on:

int range name UPLINK

xxx

3/ the interface range command supports managing L2 and also L3 interfaces. Assume you need to configure a dhcp relay on multiple L3 interfaces, you can add these vlan or L3 interfaces to a range.

Best regards,Peter