1752802 Members
5565 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: JG898A HPE 5700 32XGT 8XG 2QSFP+ Switch F/W advise

regi_p
Frequent Advisor

JG898A HPE 5700 32XGT 8XG 2QSFP+ Switch F/W advise

Hi i have 2 X JG898A in an IRF. My F/W is from last year & i haven't seen any new F/W 

5700_7.10.R2432P06 Build 29-May-2018 02-Jul-2018

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG898A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=

Are this switched EOL ? Or can anyone pls advise 

Cheers

/R

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

@regi_p wrote:

Hi i have 2 X JG898A in an IRF. My F/W is from last year & i haven't seen any new F/W: Are this switched EOL ?

AFAIK HPE FlexNetwork 5700 Switch Series is not (yet [*]) EoL, instead for the TAA switch series EoL declaration was issued during September 2017, see here for details. I really don't know what is the software development roadmap for HPE FlexNetwork 5700 Switch Series...I'm curious too.

[*] edit: ...I mean...sooner or later it will be declared EoL as any product in the market...so I added that "yet".

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
regi_p
Frequent Advisor

Hi Thanks for the update 

I'm guessing i can use this switched in my DC for the next 3-4 years without any issues ? 

They are working perfectly for me so i don't have any issues & don't do any hard core config etc...

Have a nice day 

Cheers

/R 

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Well, first of all - my opinion - they are very good...with solid software and a good set of features...so hold them.

I don't know what is their average lifespan...and I don't mean the Hardware lifespan...but how long the HPE/Aruba will continue to support those specific Comware based series (which isn't actually part of what is offered for DC deployments requiring specifically Comware NOS based switches)...they are almost at least 5 years old (2014, first QuickSpecs here)...my take is that they will continue to be supported and, eventually, once a EoS date in the future will be defined and released to the public you still have some years during which you could expect some software updates (security fixes, mostly) before EoS date is finally reached.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner