New Discussion

Re: JG934A HPE 5130 - software upgrade error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gupp
Visitor

JG934A HPE 5130 - software upgrade error

Hello,

Our JG934A HPE 5130 switchs that currently running a HPE Comware Software, Version 7.1.070, Release 3506P02

We try to upgrade to version 3506P06 using HPE Intelligent Management Center.

Now we have an error :

Loading the main image files...
Loading file flash:/5130ei-cmw710-system-r3506p02.bin...........................
...........................................Done.
Loading file flash:/5130ei-cmw710-freeradius-r3506p02.bin....Done.
Loading file flash:/5130ei-cmw710-boot-r3506p02.bin........Done.

Image file flash:/5130ei-cmw710-boot-r3506p02.bin is self-decompressing.........
................................................................................
................................................................................
...........................Done.
System is starting...

The device type is incorrect! Now rebooting ...

We tryed to deploy again a new downloaded version with Imc, we try manually.

Thank you in advance for your help on this matter.

S.Aubert

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Can you check avalaible space in the device?

run 

HPE>dir /all-filesystems

Please share above output and share the steps you have followed in device for osftware upgrade.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Gupp
Visitor

Hello,

We don't have access to the CLI to check memory.

We first try to update the firmware using IMC. Update was fine for 25 other switch, same model, same firmware, same Deployment Task, but error on this switch. Later, we try using the Extended Boot Menu, option 1, to download again the firmware 5130EI-CMW710R3506P06.IPE from local TFTP server. Same error on next startup.

So we use Extended boot menu to start on the old 5130EI-CMW710R3506P02 firmware, active before. We still have the same error at bootup.

Thank for your time. Sorry for my english.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

If the issue is only this particular device during upgrade via IMC then need to investigate device only.

Without cli access its difficult to resolve the issue.

We request you to log a case on HPE Support Center portal for further resolution using the link: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home/

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Gupp
Visitor
Solution

We open a case on HPE Support Center

Thanks a lot!