108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LACP redundant links HP procruve 5412zl to Comware A5500 stack

SOLVED
Go to solution
bigredcherokee
Occasional Contributor

LACP redundant links HP procruve 5412zl to Comware A5500 stack

I have a 5412zl with two J9536a cards that have the 10gig mini gbic cables running to a stack of A5500 switches. Right now I have only have one link up between the two, but I want to add another for redundancy.

On the 5412zl I have it configured as such. Working with ports B22 and H22

trunk B22,H22 trk5 lacp

On all my vlans I have tagged B22, H22 Trk5

Spanning-tree Trk5 priority 4

On the A5500 I'm working with ports 1/0/30 and 2/0/30

Interface Ten-GigabitEthernet2/0/30
port link-mode bridge
port link-type hybrid
port hybrid vlan 13 23 33 53 73 84 217 tagged
port hybrid vlan 1 untagged

I think I need to add the following.

interface Bridge-Aggregation23

port access vlan all

link-aggregation mode dynamic

Then change 1/0/30 and 2/0/30 to

Interface Gigabitehternet1/0/30 and 2/0/30

port access vlan all

port link-aggeration group 23

Certifications: CHP, SCLA,Linux+, CEFDS, CCDA, LPIC-1, Healthcare IT, Server +,A+, Network+, Security+
3 REPLIES 3
bigredcherokee
Occasional Contributor

Re: LACP redundant links HP procruve 5412zl to Comware A5500 stack

got the documentation I needed.

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03503743&sp4ts.oid=4177519

Certifications: CHP, SCLA,Linux+, CEFDS, CCDA, LPIC-1, Healthcare IT, Server +,A+, Network+, Security+
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Recently HPE published an How-To about how to configure LACP aggregation between a Comware (A and E Switch Series) and a ProVision (now Aruba-OS Switch) switch.

That How-To should be basically considered valid even if your Port Trunking, originating from the HPE 5412 zl, instead of terminating (co-terminating) on a single physical Switch (as in the How-To given example) is going to terminate on the IRF Stack (which is a "virtual" Logical Switch) with each of its trunk's member link terminating on a different IRF Member (Member 1 Port 1/0/30 and Member 2 Port 2/0/30)...this shouldn't be an issue di per s├и (I mean: I don't think Distributed Trunking - known as dt-lacp versus the standard lacp - is required in this case since the IRF Stack should be seen by the HPE 5412 zl really as a single physical Switch).

I think your procedure (ProVision side looks good to me, apart that reference to Spanning Tree priority on the LAG) it's substantially right but, as is written on that How-To, on Comware switches the order of execution of system commands is more important, so I think you should execute something like (without changing any single LAG member ports setting after your LAG is finally configured on Step 3):

When configuring a link aggregation on A-Series switches (Comware)
the order of execution is very important. The following are the configuration steps. Step 1: Create the Link Aggregation Interface Step 2: Associate the Member Ports to the Link Aggregation Interface Step 3: Make any additional changes to the Link Aggregation Interface Step 1: Create the Link Aggregation and set the mode to Dynamic (LACP) [irfstack] interface Bridge-Aggregation 23 [irfstack-Bridge-Aggregation23] link-aggregation mode dynamic Step 2: Associate the the Member Ports to the Link Aggregation Interface [irfstack] interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/30 [irfstack-Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/30] port link-aggregation group 23
[irfstack] interface Ten-GigabitEthernet2/0/30 [irfstack-Ten-GigabitEthernet2/0/30] port link-aggregation group 23 Step 3: set the Link Aggregation Interface with Port Link Type to type Trunk
and set which VLANs to permit (all or just a list) [irfstack] interface Bridge-Aggregation 23 [irfstack-Bridge-Aggregation23] port link-type trunk [irfstack-Bridge-Aggregation23] port trunk permit vlan 1 13 23 33 53 73 84 217

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Argh...only 22 minutes after you!

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner