Comware Based
1752788 Members
6246 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LLDP-MED on HPE 5900AT for voice VLAN?

spgsitsupport
Regular Advisor

LLDP-MED on HPE 5900AT for voice VLAN?

Any good pointers for setup of VoIP Vlan on 5900 and between 5900 & Procurve 2920?

Thanks

Seb

4 REPLIES 4
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Are you talking about the "auto voice" VLAN configuration?

I'm sure the last time I looked I found that those "end user" features are not supported on those data centre class switches - best check the quickspecs or have a word with your local SE.

2920 is dead easy - just needs "voice" keyword in the vlan config. Google is your friend, there are loads of articles on this very site and further afield.

Thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
spgsitsupport
Regular Advisor

True, 2920 itself is not a problem.

But this edge switch will be connected (as expected?) to the core, which is 5900 Stack in that case.

So one would expect that some config will also needs to be applied to 5900 for it all to work

And voice vlan commands are available on 5900, as per thread only few up

These are ones I found so far: Using LLDP (CDP) with HP Comware and another thread on this board and HP Networking тАУ Comware switches and Cisco IP telephones and LLDP Configuration and LLDP commands

Seb

sdide
Respected Contributor

Hi,

not sure what you mean. Since the 5900 is not doing any access, all it needs is to understand is the vlan-tagging. (that is the vlan needs to exist, and the vlan need to be allowed on relevant links.) the "difficult" part of tagging voice traffic differently from data is done by the 2920's accessports.

Of course if you have some QoS-configuration. You need to make sure the 5900 is not remarking voice traffic as something else.

Regards

S├╕ren Dideriksen, Network Administrator
Region Midtjylland
spgsitsupport
Regular Advisor

While this might be true that there are not actually any IP Phones connected directly to 5900, but doing core switch duties, all satellite switches (HP 2920) connect to it. As so does Voice router itself on one of the ports

Hence we want to do more than just Vlan tagging.

We want to make sure that QoS policies are trusted etc, queues are set correctly, uplink ports are marked as voice-vlan ? etc

Nice writetup is here:

https://wantegrity.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/hp-networking-comware-switches-and-cisco-ip-telephones-part-2/

but I am still trying to "translate" it to Comware 7 on 5900

Also there is Voice VLAN Configuration (for 5820, did not find anything specific to 5900) here (ofcourse!? some commands are changed in current Comware 7 version!)

And some commands from above simply give an error:

In auto voice VLAN mode, voice VLAN can't be enabled on a trunk or a hybrid port that is already in a voice VLAN.

Seb