1748006 Members
4254 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Link Aggregation

AS6

Link Aggregation

can any one help me,

I have created bridge aggregation to HPE switch 12518 to SMP server.we are comm.

#interface bridge aggregation 16

#link-aggregation mode dynamic

#quit

#inteface ten g 1/6/0/7

#port link-aggregation group 16

#inteface ten g 2/6/0/8

#port link-aggregation group 16

but may aggregation is not working and status showing unselected flag showing (ACG) what is the reason can any one help me.

4 REPLIES 4
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Re: Link Aggregation

AS6,

What exactly are you looking to do?  Do you want the traffic tagged to a VLAN or VLANs or not?  Do you want them as a static BAGG interface or do you want to use dynamic LACP for the connectivity to the other side?

What order did you create this?

1) Create the BAGG interface

2) I would reset the two ports using the default command and then set the port link-agg group

3) The rest of the configuration is done in the BAGG interface.  Comware will populate the settings to the attached ports.

If you don't do it this way the ports will not be in sync and won't come up.  Also, the far end needs to be configured in a compatible way.

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
johnk3r
Respected Contributor

How is the server-side configuration? Are you using Dynamic / Static LACP ?

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Both sides have to match.  We would prefer dynamic with LACP so that link status is managed automatically for both state and capacity.

If you use static links, they will always be up even if one end is down.  So dynamic with LACP is better.

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
parnassus
Honored Contributor

As @VoIP-Buddy and @johnk3r wrote, on Comware BAGG configuration order (steps) is truly important (as example, statements like "When configuring a link aggregation on A-Series switches (Comware) the order of execution is very important. The following are the configuration steps." are not so unusual on HPE KB articles about Comware and LAG/BAGG setups).

Just a reference here (not the only one the OP can look for), note the example for the Comware based Switch configuration part:

***** link aggregration configuration *****

When configuring a link aggregation on A-Series switches (Comware)
the order of execution is very important. The following are the configuration steps. 1. Create the link aggregation interface 2. Associate the member ports to the aggregation interface 3. Make any additional changes to the link aggregation Step One: Create the link aggregation and set the mode to dynamic (LACP) [Rack4sw1]interface Bridge-Aggregation 12 [Rack4sw1-Bridge-Aggregation12] link-aggregation mode dynamic Step Two: Associate the the member ports [Rack4sw1]interface GigabitEthernet2/0/7 [Rack4sw1-GigabitEthernet2/0/7]port link-aggregation group 12 [Rack4sw1]interface GigabitEthernet2/0/8 [Rack4sw1-GigabitEthernet2/0/8]port link-aggregation group 12 [Rack4sw1]interface GigabitEthernet2/0/9 [Rack4sw1-GigabitEthernet2/0/9]port link-aggregation group 12 [Rack4sw1]interface GigabitEthernet2/0/10 [Rack4sw1-GigabitEthernet2/0/10]port link-aggregation group 12 Step Three: set the port link type to trunk and permit vlans [Rack4sw1]interface Bridge-Aggregation 12 [Rack4sw1-Bridge-Aggregation12]port link-type trunk [Rack4sw1-Bridge-Aggregation12]port trunk permit vlan 1 100 to 105

Then troubleshooting BAGGs should be done using display related commands (such as display link-aggregation verbose just to start with)...at least this on Switch side.

Server side requires the same level of troubleshooting but necessary tools (CLI commands or GUI based configurations) depend strictly on the underlying OS used: in any case the Server side BAGG's configuration should be the same used Switch side.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner