1751873 Members
5078 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NTP and time change

Ricou69
Advisor

I tried your method : disable ntp, set manually the clock then restart the ntp but it didn't work

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Ricou,

What about setting the timezone?

Can you send the output from the previous display ntp commands so that we can see what is going on.  If the display ntp shows that the switches are sync'd to the configured timesource then the issue is a misconfigured timezone.

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
sdide
Respected Contributor

Hi,

you need to set the timezone and daylight savings period if your use that in your country. The syntax differs a bit from Comware 5 to 7. (I'm not sure what exact 5500 platform you run and what 3600, but you can see wether its comware 5 or 7 by doing a "display version" and it will give you some version that starts either with "7. " or "5."

For Comware 5. the syntax, if you live in Denmark as an example is:

clock timezone CET add 01:00:00
 clock summer-time CEST repeating 02:00:00 2000 March last Sunday 02:00:00 2000 October last Sunday  01:00:00

and for Comware 7. the syntaxis:

clock timezone CET add 01:00:00
 clock summer-time CEST 02:00:00 March last Sunday 02:00:00 October last Sunday 01:00:00

you need to adjust timezone and maybe dates as well.
I think maybe France Paris has the same offset from GMT as Copenhagen does, and in fact uses the same daylightsaving dates. So you should be able to just copy the above for the relevant software version. Then enable NTP and be happy :)

Regards.

S├╕ren Dideriksen, Network Administrator
Region Midtjylland
Ricou69
Advisor

VoIP-Buddy,

With "display ntp-service status" i have this information : Reference time: 07:22:54.435 UTC Apr 27 2017(DCAC1ACE.6F6683C2).

Is it what you wanted to see ?

sdide
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Do a "display clock".

and post output.

Regards

S├╕ren Dideriksen, Network Administrator
Region Midtjylland
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hello @Ricou69,

I don't want to be too harsh but, looking this thread, I noticed that @sdide (Yesterday) and I (two Weeks ago) - not to speak about replies from @VoIP-Buddy and @16again too - already suggested you to test some Comware CLI's NTP and Time Zone related commands (especially regarding configuring your correct Time Zone which, IMHO, is the culprit of your reported issue).

Why don't you simply try them and report back here (by doing a Copy and Paste of results)?

What @sdide wrote you yesteday (@VoIP-Buddy suggested that too) is basically the same I wrote you at very beginning (correctly @sdide pointed out the CLI difference between working with Comware 7 versus 5 but the line of reasoning is the same) but you provided us, as of today, *no* answers or just provided fragmented ones adding very few details to fix your problem...isn't it?

Help us to help you.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Ricou69
Advisor

sdide,

Here : 08:38:01 UTC Thu 04/27/2017

It's actually 10:38...

Ricou69
Advisor

parnassus,

I already tried the commands with summer-time, timezone, etc. It's ok but at the beggining of each year i will must type the same command with the new year. We have more than 200 switches, so i will must use a script with IMC to do it on all switches, it's not pratical.

sdide,

It's the version 5 :

Comware Software, Version 5.20.99, Release 2220P11
Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
HP A5500-48G-PoE+ EI Switch with 2 Interface Slots uptime is 5 weeks, 6 days, 0 hour, 25 minutes

HP A5500-48G-PoE+ EI Switch with 2 Interface Slots with 1 Processor
256M    bytes SDRAM
32768K  bytes Flash Memory

Hardware Version is REV.C
CPLD Version is 002
Bootrom Version is 721
[SubSlot 0] 48GE+4SFP+POE Plus Hardware Version is REV.C

But i see in your previous reply that with the version 7, you haven't to specify the year, it would be the best ! Unfortunately we have version 5.

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Ricou69 wrote: I already tried the commands with summer-time, timezone, etc. It's ok but at the beggining of each year i will must type the same command with the new year.

Are you sure about that?

Time Zone daylight savings commands provided by me and @sdide should set a Daylight savings configuration which repeat itself each Year since an initial Year (year 2000), forever.

Ricou69 wrote: But i see in your previous reply that with the version 7, you haven't to specify the year, it would be the best ! Unfortunately we have version 5.

A Comware 5 version which is, to be clear, about four years old (R2220P11), reference here.

As of today there is R2222P05. It could be a good idea to stay updated...maybe there were NTP related bugs discovered and fixed during this long time interval between R2220Pxx and R2222P05, never say never about that.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Ricou69
Advisor

I know the version is old, i will upgrad the switches soon.

I will use the commands that you told me and i will see in 2018.

Thanks for all for your helps.

Best regards.