4864 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OIDs H3C switches

ciobis
Occasional Advisor

OIDs H3C switches

Hi,

I am trying to set a management server and use SNMP to pull information for the H3C switches, but I am not able to get anyting hardware health-related. Are there OIDs for these switches that I can use: 5830s, 5500s, 3600s, 5820s, 12500?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
sdide
Respected Contributor

Hi Ciobis,

Could you be  more specific?

What is it you need?

Temperature, power consumption, cpu-load, memory usage?

Regards

Søren Dideriksen, Network Administrator
Region Midtjylland
ciobis
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Yes, I am looking for OIDs to monitor the temperature, power consumption, cpu-load, memory usage, fans  for individual and switches in IRF configuration.

I can see the cpu and memory on an individual switch, but if I have an IRF configuration, I can't see this for all the switches in the IRF, I cannot even detect that there are multiple switches - I am using solarwinds to monitor.

In terms of hardware  components status (if a fan failed), I cannot get anything.

It would be nice to be able to also monitor IRF - for example, to get alerts when one switch left the IRF, but this is been a real chalenge.

Thank you for your help.

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

If you go to the download page (www.procurve.com then switches portfolio then the model you want then resource tab then software) such as https://h10145.www1.hp.com/Downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JC102A you will there see MIBs_v8 which should fit your needs.