3542 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Packet Flow verification on HP A5500 HI Switch Interface

Pankaj4HP
Occasional Contributor

Packet Flow verification on HP A5500 HI Switch Interface

Hi Team,

I am having an experience on cisco products but I'm new to HP Switches.

I need to check incoming & outgoing packets on any interface of HP A5500 HI Switch. I used to check it on Cisco through "IP cache flow".

Can anyone please help me & tell me how to check it on HP A5500 HI Series witch.

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj

Thanks!
Pankaj
2 REPLIES 2
KSHKND
Advisor

Re: Packet Flow verification on HP A5500 HI Switch Interface

I dont think so it is an option on this device, new Comware swtches have packet capture feature install that allow to monitor live trafic on a link and also export it to a PCAP file.

Pankaj4HP
Occasional Contributor

Re: Packet Flow verification on HP A5500 HI Switch Interface

Thanks KSHKND!

In my network, My switch (HP A5500 HI Switch) is connected to many routers as next hop. It happens in many cases that the problem is at next hop, rather than my switch as I don't gate the gateway IP in trace. Hence i need to confirm that my switch is sending out the traffic from its port. But, traffic is not coming back on the same port.

Can you please help to confirm that there is no any way to show inbound & outbound traffic on any specific port directly on switch login command?

If it is confirmed, i will not invest time on this, as I am trying to read more & more documents to find out the solution.

By the way, on which HP Switch, its possible & through which command?

Thanks!

Thanks!
Pankaj