7634 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Packet capture file not importing

prodigy811
Frequent Advisor

Packet capture file not importing

Hi there,

I am having an issue installing packet capture file to switch. I am trying Via IMC also. I just upgraded the switch (5510) with the new firmware .ipe file. Now I am trying to send out the packet capture file, but in the software section when about to ush it out to device. It says this "software cannot be evaluated"Capture.Packet file.PNG

Any help much appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @prodigy811 ,

I believe its difficult to install packet capture feautre file from IMC..

To install this feature on switch need to use below command which might be difficult in IMC.

>install activate feature flash:/5510hi-cmw710-packet-capture-r3507.bin

Try to install through cli.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

The Software Deployment feature is intended primary for device software upgrades and as was previously stated, it isn't really possible to use this for packet capture binary installation. However you could probably get it done with iMC's TFTP server and some CLI Scripts.

Put the bin file in IMC's TFTP folder (iMC\server\tmp). Create two Configuration Templates with type 'CLI Script'. The first will run the commands needed to transfer the bin file from IMC's TFTP to the device, and the second will run the command needed to activate it. Then you just deploy the first script on your devices, wait for the transfers to finish, and deploy the second script to install the file.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo