4973 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Patch Releases for 5510

declan2777
Frequent Advisor

Patch Releases for 5510

Hi there,

Currently my switch "5510 48G PoE+ 4SFP+ HI 1-slot Switch, version HPE Comware Software, Version 7.1.045, Release 1122P02" is so far behind in releases. I believe 12 releases. So, just enquiring can the upgrade be complete in one or how many upgrades will i need to carry out?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
-Alex-
HPE Pro

Hello declan2777,

You should be able to upgrade directly. You have to check the changes in the software and the default settings as there could be changes in some commands.

Hope this helps!

PS: Software changes are Software Feature Changes are included in the Release notes as additional part of it.

Upgrade restrictions and guidelines
Before performing a software upgrade, it is important to refer to the Software Feature Changes
document for any feature changes in the new version. Also check the most recent version of the
related documents (see "Related documents") available on the HPE website for more information
about feature configuration and commands

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @declan2777 ,

As @-Alex- mentioned, you are good to do direct software upgrade from 1122P02 to latest version however direct ISSU upgrade is not possible.

Also check if device product number is matching with below screenshot. 

5510.JPG

Also go through Hardware and software compatibility matrix and Upgrade restrictions and guidelines from release notes.

Below is the release notes linl:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00116473en_us

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Hi @declan2777 !

Just to add to what @-Alex- suggested - regular update with reboot ('boot-loader file ...' command) should be possible. The switch may reboot twice, as it will need to upgrade the Bootrom before loading the Comware, but it will happen automatically without any interaction from your side. However, ISSU won't be supported between 1xxx and 3xxx releases. For the future reference about ISSU, check "ISSU upgrade type matrix" section of the release notes document for the version you are going to upgrade to.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

prodigy811
Frequent Advisor

Many thanks all. I am going to push it via IMC. Hopefully that should work correctly. 

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @declan2777 ,

Yep, it will work correctly via imc.

What is the current imc version?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo