4420 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Please help me convert these two lines to comware

totalnewbie
Occasional Contributor

Please help me convert these two lines to comware

Hi Everyone

Im trying to convert rspan on a cisco catos switch to an H3c 7506 switch and im just getting a little confused. Can anyone help me convert the below to comware please?

set rspan source 2,5-9,25 800 both multicast enable create

set rspan destination  3/14  800  inpkts disable learning enable create

Im confused on how to go about converting it especially the commands such as "inpkts"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
totalnewbie
Occasional Contributor

Re: Please help me convert these two lines to comware

Anyone??? im really struggling here :(

James-W
Occasional Advisor

The attached doc gives you monitor session commands to Commware & Pro-curve kit, so this should be adaptable to Cat OS.

totalnewbie
Occasional Contributor

Hi James

Thanks for this, but this is for mirroring ports. I think I can do that, however im having a problem mirroring multiple vlans. When I try the mirroring command I cant enter the vlan, just a physical port number.

James-W
Occasional Advisor

Hi, Not sure if this helps you -

Syntax

mirroring-group group-id remote-probe vlan remote-probe-vlan-id

undo mirroring-group group-id remote-probe vlan remote-probe-vlan-id

View

System view

Parameters

group-id: Group number of a port mirroring group, in the range of 1 to 20.

remote-probe vlan remote-probe-vlan-id: Specifies the remote-probe VLAN for the mirroring group.

Description

Use the mirroring-group remote-probe vlan command to specify the remote-probe VLAN for a mirroring group.

Use the undo mirroring-group remote-probe vlan command to remove the configuration of remote-probe VLAN for a mirroring group.

Examples

# Configure VLAN 100 as the remote-probe VLAN.

<H3C> system-view

System View: return to User View with Ctrl+Z.

[H3C] mirroring-group 1 remote-probe vlan 100

http://www.h3c.com/portal/Technical_Support___Documents/Technical_Documents/Switches/H3C_S7500_Series_Switches/Command/Command/H3C_S7500_CM-(Release_3100_Series)-(V1.04)/200707/207793_1285_0.htm#_Toc172456395

totalnewbie
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for that.

Correct me if im wrong but I thought a probe vlan simply outputs the specified mirrored ports right? So for example packets from ports gig 1,2,3 are mirrored to a probe vlan and then you use an analyzer to that vlan in order to collect the data?

My aim is to analyze data from multiple vlans and I cant do it like I can on cisco switches.