7551 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Port-security many mac adress on many ports

Kosni33
Occasional Visitor

Port-security many mac adress on many ports

hi,

I have identified switches on my network which must provide the network to identified PCs and only to them.

These 4 computers are mobile. So I need to lock their MAC address on many ports of my switches.

my problem is that every time I lock the mac to one port and then another the switch blocks me due to a mac address already present on another port.

How can i do ?

FYI my switchs are 5130 comware with lastest firmware 

5 REPLIES 5
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Port-security many mac adress on many ports

Hi,

Port-Security method is recommended for areas where there is minimal network movement particularly the Server Room.

Can you try to enable MAC  move. command, By default, MAC move is disabled?

<HPE> system-view

[HPE] port-security mac-move permit

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Kosni33
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

I had already try this command but their is the same error message.

I saw this command is use for 802.1X authentication.

If nobody have an idea, I will propose to my client the commissioning of the 802.1x on his network.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

As I have mentioned earlier Port-Security method is recommended for areas where there is minimal network movement particularly the Server Room.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Kosni33
Occasional Visitor

Ok,

So maybe IMC could manage MAC-authentication on my network.

Thanks,

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

Port security and mac authentication both are different.

Are you using port security dynamic or static and what is the max count defined on a port?

Thanks!