cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radius Authentication on S5800 and 4800G switches

putneyt
Occasional Visitor

Radius Authentication on S5800 and 4800G switches

I'm new to the 3Com/H3C switches and I'm having trouble finding documentation on the attributes that are sent from the S5800/4800G switces to Radius and what is expected to be sent back from the servers. I'm using a Microsoft IAS server and I'm dicovering the parametrs being sent from the switches by sniffing each case. So far I've not been able to get the authentication to work although the IAS server is granting access. Clearly I need to send some additional parameters, but I've been unable to locate any documentation or the attributes being sent or expected to be returned from Radius.

Where can I find the documentation on the Attributes that are expected to sent or received from Radius and the switche's response to those attributes. I'm not looking for a general list of Radius attributes, I'm looking for the specific attributes involved in the login process, EAP, etc. Right now I'm concentrating on logins, but I'll be expanding this quickly.

Thanks for any information or direction anybody can give me...

...Thomas

1 REPLY
putneyt
Occasional Visitor

Re: Radius Authentication on S5800 and 4800G switches

I'm new to the 3Com/H3C switches and I'm having trouble finding documentation on the attributes that are sent from the S5800/4800G switces to Radius and what is expected to be sent back from the servers. I'm using a Microsoft IAS server and I'm dicovering the parametrs being sent from the switches by sniffing each case. So far I've not been able to get the authentication to work although the IAS server is granting access. Clearly I need to send some additional parameters, but I've been unable to locate any documentation or the attributes being sent or expected to be returned from Radius.

Where can I find the documentation on the Attributes that are expected to sent or received from Radius and the switche's response to those attributes. I'm not looking for a general list of Radius attributes, I'm looking for the specific attributes involved in the login process, EAP, etc. Right now I'm concentrating on logins, but I'll be expanding this quickly.

Thanks for any information or direction anybody can give me...

...Thomas