HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Comware Based
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundancy Implementation

Tikiri
Occasional Visitor

Redundancy Implementation

Hi All,

I have to implement redundant using following iquipments can any one propose how and way to do this had to be fully redundant network with 15 -20 VLANs

As per my knowladge MSTP for switching but i have problem with the firewall and the routers can i have to implement redundancy using rrvp for firewalls and routers if how could i do that

equipments

MSR 30-20------------------2

SecPath U200-A-------------2

S7503E---------------------2

S5120-52C-EI---------------4

4210-------------------------8

3 REPLIES
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Re: Redundancy Implementation

Hi. I think you can use at the perimeter network (MSR30-20) a VRRP solution. At the SecPath you can enable load balance or create two security zones (I think that this platform supports this feature); the 7500 Series support IRF (Intelligent Resilient Framework), where the switches can handle the network traffic as a unique logical entity. The 5120 do support IRF also and can be connected to the core layer with aggregated links. The 4210 are the edge switches, I suppose, so all you need to do is to connect the 4210 switches using link aggregation distributed in the distribution/aggregation layer.

But, these are only hypothetic actions, so you have to check out if all the devices can implement these features.

HTH

This message was edited by Fred_Mancen on 9-3-10 @ 1:13 PM
Esteban_1
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I have a questions on regards to the STP root priority/secondary default values.

For instance If I use the command stp instance 1 root primary, the priority value will be set to 0 for that specific CIST, but what about if I use the command stp instance 1 root secondary, what will be its priority? How to know what is the priority assign to the switch using this command?

Appraciate your help and prompt answer!

Rgds,

Esteban 

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi, Esteban.

Really, when you issue the command stp root primary the priority is automatically decreased. Ok. The value of the root secondary will be decreased also, but I am not sure about what is the value used in this feature. I don't have any device at this moment to try this feature, and actually I never pay attention to it because until this moment this value didn't make any difference.

At this scenario I suggested, the STP doesn't need to be customized, because when you enable the IRF feature the stacked switches acts like a unique logical identity. But if you want to do it, the 3Com switches can handle very well the MSTP instances only setting up the root primary and secondary.

HTH