Comware Based
1752770 Members
5558 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Remote LLDP information for specific interface using SNMP - What's going on here?

Bergoee
Occasional Contributor

Remote LLDP information for specific interface using SNMP - What's going on here?

Hi!

I have a issue with polling remote system information (in this instance) from the Comware based HPE FlexFabric 5930 switch.

I can get information on every device attached with a snmpwalk for the OID 1.0.8802.1.1.2.1.4.1.1.9 (see attached) but what I really want is to get this information for a specific interface. To do this I'd use the OID above with the interface specified afterwards but as you can see on the attached .png (the numbers within the red lines) the port isn't specified after the ".9". Instead a rather obscure (generated?) number is and THEN the port is specified.

This makes it impossible to map this information for a specific port regardless of what is attached on the port, since the number after the ".9" differs. As far as I can see, it seems like the number is different from vendor to vendor or from device to device (In reality I have no idea) nevertheless it isn't generic.

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong? Any workarounds?

Any help/answer is appreciated.

Tl;dr: How to generically map Remote System information for a specific port using SNMP on a Comware device?

Thanks!

Andreas Bergoee
Networkadmin Danske Spil