Comware Based
1748074 Members
5322 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote access VPN (PC client to MSR 3000 router)

kasper123
Occasional Advisor

Remote access VPN (PC client to MSR 3000 router)

Hi,

Is it possible to configure a MSR 3000 router for Remote access VPN.

The idea is to be able to connect using a client like Shrewsoft ipsec vpn client from a PC.

I found this but I wasnt able to follow it. Some of the commands mentioned are missing in my router.

Regards.

9 REPLIES 9
kasper123
Occasional Advisor

Re: Remote access VPN (PC client to MSR 3000 router)

Isn't anyone using remote access VPN with HP MSR routers with Comware 7?

This is a basic functionality and yet there is no mention of it in the security configuration guide.

Ingi_eagle
Visitor

Am also in the same boat,  looking for information on configuring client vpn on the MSR routers.  ANY info appreciated.  Specifically L2TP / IPsec client vpn.  i.e.   pc to site.  

Information on this is extremely scarce.  Which is kindof awkward considering how much this is generally used.    Its really difficult to sell a box competing with cisco  if we cant even configure a simple client vpn connection for the box.  On the 930 box there are some options in the web gui for configuring IPsec and l2tp  but no information on how to configure it for client vpn.  Absalutely no official examples or guides.  What is the deal with that?? 

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have guide but for MSR Comware v5 - please send me private message, I will reply.

Here in the Community tread I cannot attach any file :(

Please try to implement it based on the doc. Some ISAKMP/IPsec config parts are different on the Comware 7 but as the overall this is the same.

I am interests also how it works :-)

Michal

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

I have found old tread - "VPN client to MSR", please check it:

http://community.hpe.com/t5/WAN-Routing/IPSec-VPN-PC-to-Site-HP-A-MSR900-H3C-msr900/td-p/5377763

Michal

Ingi_eagle
Visitor

,Yes,  I had seen that one,  but if I understand correctly  it assumes I know the ip address the remote client connects from and that its always a fixed ip.    I didnt get it to work.  

Also,  the funny thing is I dont event get any debug information froma the router when I have enabled debug ipsec all, debug ikev2 all, debug ike all, debug l2tp all,  debug tunnel all

But client says its connection but stalls on bringing up the tunnel   Iam using the shrewsoft vpn client by the way as the inode client is inaccessable.  

Its amazing how little informations exists on this.  How are ppl generally providing remote access to the MSR Devices?  

the dvpn avpn solutions and even the ssl vpn are way to much hassle if i am only providing remote access to two or three users.  

Ingi_eagle
Visitor

p.s. I have an MSR 930  and HP boast that it can provide simplified configuration of vpn through the IMC,  Well I have got IMC up and running now  but the bloody thing doesnt recognise the MSR930 as an IPSec device so unable to configure VPN though the IMC.  

Mike_ES
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone sucessfully tested Shrew Soft as the VPN Remote Cient with MSR Comware 5 or 7 router?

Michal

reyzacb
Occasional Visitor

hi,

could you share tutorial for VPN on comware 7 (MSR 3000 Series) ?

Because i have trouble in configure that VPN.

Thanks before

reyzacb
Occasional Visitor

hi michal

Could you please share the guide to configure VPN,

because ineed to configure the VPN, thanks before