1748209 Members
2815 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Routing between vlan switch layer 3 hp

CesarMartinez
Occasional Advisor

Routing between vlan switch layer 3 hp

Routing between vlan switch layer 3 hpHi friends, can you help me with a question that should be very simple for you? In work I have a layer 3 switch that is my gateway for vlan 1 which is the 172.16.0.3/16 main, I have created a vlan 20 172.20.0.1/26. I have configured a port for vlan 20 and I have assigned a static ip, from this pc in vlan 20 I can ping your gateway 172.20.0.1, but I can not ping any pc in vlan 1 or 172.16 .0.3. From a pc in vlan 1 I can ping vlan 20 172.20.0.1, but I can not ping the pc I assigned in vlan 20. Should I create a route? in cisco for a layer 3 switch you have to type the command "ip routing", do you have to do something similar or is it something of routing? I appreciate your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Dsouza
HPE Pro

What model of HPE switch are you using?

Accept or Kudo

CesarMartinez
Occasional Advisor

Hello Friend. It is the following model: HP A5120-48G JE069A.

Brian_Dsouza
HPE Pro

IP routing is enabled by default on the HPE 5120's so you don't need to explicitly enable routing.

This could be a configuration issue. Create IP interfaces for the two VLANs on the switch and try to do source pings. 

<HP5120>ping -a <source ip> <dest ip>

If successful inter-VLAN routing is working. You ay want to focus on configuration.

Hope this helps.

Accept or Kudo