1748332 Members
3261 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SFP to SFP Compatibility

chrisrevv
Occasional Visitor

SFP to SFP Compatibility

Hi , Just need to know if the X111 series multimode and the X110 will communicate? I have a 5500 series with the X110 and a 2620series with an X111.

Also will the X121 and the X120 communicate? im hoping these combinations work. thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProCurve / ProVision-Based to Comware-Based. - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Yeah they both will. Its basically the same SFPs but they are supported in different switch models.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

It all depends, since the X111, X110, X120 and X121 are series as you already indicate and not identical type transceivers. As long as you don't mix the type your fine.

Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

Yeah I didnt mean they all can communicate with each other, but X110 - X111 and X120 - X121 of the same sort will.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

chrisrevv
Occasional Visitor

Yeah thats what I meant for instance a switch with a X120 LC SX  and another with a X121 LC SX.

If this will work reliably im happy otherwise my project will need to be re designed.

Thanks guys for your help, I sat on hold with hp the other day for 2 hours trying to get an answer and ended up hanging up.