Comware Based
1753797 Members
7839 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSH only access messes up cluster command on 4200G

dewi.griffiths

SSH only access messes up cluster command on 4200G

So we've been trying to secure our network infrastructure of 4200G and 5500G switches. We have managed to setup ssh so we can ssh into the controller switches and members. We have disabled telnet to avoid any rogue sniffing.

Unfortunately, the cluster switch-to command does not appear to work in this configuration. I can't find any documents on how to get this to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
MAIQUES
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I use Putty and the connexion is refused by the switch with message The connection is closed by SSH Server

Current FSM is SSH_Main_SSHProcess"

Thanks for your help
wolfgangB
Occasional Advisor

@MAIQUES:

the ssh server is not configured correctly. You have to create BOTH RSA and DSA keys, create an ssh user (like 'admin'), set his capabilities to at least 'ssh' (I often use 'all) and the auth.type to e.g. 'password'. Then it will work.

Believe me, I have fiddled around with this for a long time. It is not as easy as it could be.

w-b

MAIQUES
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

thanks for your help. I find documentation 3com to configure SSH on router. Now i believe that i can configure SSH.

I tell you when i finishe it.

Thanks.

dewi.griffiths

And you've verified that this works with the "cluster switch-to" command when you have multiple switches clustered together? We were able to get ssh working OK, but the cluster environment doesn't work correctly.

MDella
Advisor

So I have a similar problem. I'm working with an A5800 switch (JC105A specifically) with Comware Version 5.20, Release 1211P01.....

So I have verified that I have BOTH the RSA and DSA keys

display public-key local rsa public

display public-key local dsa public

However typically within about 30 seconds of idle time, I'll get:

<SC9-A07-SW>Received disconnect from 172.24.192.247: 2: The connection is closed by SSH Server
  Current FSM is SSH_Main_SSHProcess
[mdella@catalyst home]$

I have several of these A5800's that exhibit the same symptoms. Some switches more often than others. But I have no clue where to begin looking for the answer to this one...

Marcos

Mystray
Occasional Contributor

Found same problem on A5800 (JC100A Comware Software, Version 5.20, Release 1211P09)

(yes, this problem still exists after years)

Looks like ssh server dont process ssh keepalive packets, so need to disable "ServerAliveInterval" option in your ssh client for this switches.

qqruzo

Download lasl version of putty.