Comware Based
1754020 Members
7043 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSH2 - Algorithm Mismatch HP MSR 3024

AC81

SSH2 - Algorithm Mismatch HP MSR 3024

I am trying to enable SSH2 but when the client logs in to the router a message is displayed with Putty: Couldn't agree a client to server cipher (available: des-cbc)

The router console shows:

HP SSHS/6/SSHS_ALGORITHM_MISMATCH: SSH client 10.112.44.46 failed to log in because of encryption algorithm mismatch.
%Aug 27 18:26:27:650 2014 HP SSHS/6/SSHS_DISCONNECT: SSH user (null) (IP: 10.112.44.46) disconnected from the server.

local RSA & DSA keys created - tested with 1024 and 2048 bit

If I enable the command ssh server compatible-ssh1x, when forcing the SSH protocol to v1 it works, but we need to allow v2.

Software version: Version 7.1.049, Release 0106P02

What am I missing here?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
mertdemi
Advisor

Hi

new generation msr routers come with low encryption 56 bits supported.

upgrade to higher standards are free you need to login hp passport web page and register your serial for high encryption
dcschamika
Occasional Visitor

I'm Facing the same Issue,

and can any one please let know how this registration can be done or any other way to solve this matter, 

this is an urgent matter

thank you 

mertdemi
Advisor

Hi Dcschamika
if you dont use a .ru firmware it should be possible.
you need to login hp passport page where you register your products and take this license.

please let me know if you have trouble with web page I am not in front of pc but i can send you a link soon
dcschamika
Occasional Visitor

can you please share the link so that I can make sure that I m on the same link. and how can you please specify more on the the type of firmware type you have mentioned...
Farzan
Occasional Visitor

hi Dinesh,

please follow the below steps.

http://hp.com/networking/mynetworking. First select the "My Licenses" tab, then under the "Products without Registration ID" drop down menu, select тАЬHP MSR High Encryption E-LTUтАЭ and follow the prompts.

vimukthi_bandra
Occasional Contributor

Hi Farzan,

Thank you very much it works for me..

rahbar

Hi,

Download the latest version of putty and----- open putty Go to ----ssh then -------Cipher and ----enable check mark of -- --------enable legacy of single DES in ssh2.

for proper understand find the attach file

Rahbar Raza Zaidi

sdarte
Occasional Advisor

to get the serial number required for the high encryption registration.  type display license device-id and it will give you both the serial number and the device-id.  With this and the part number, you can request the key from the webpage mentioned below.

Sue Darte

HP

Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

Getting a high encryption registration and download the proper firmware (and update) is the way to go.

Using DES (aka single des) is almost as bad as if you were using cleartext telnet these days...